So, here are the themes I came up with.
1. It doesn’t pay to try to force expressions of love.
Sums up my relationship with my dad as a teenager.
2. You need to revisit the fire in order to put it out.
Revisiting the place I lived at with an ex two years after he’d thoroughly broken my heart. I wept buckets, but it was so cathartic!
Being a mum.
4. When the time is right, he will come.
Finding my man – my safe harbour.
5. You can’t always keep going forward – sometimes you have to stop and just be.
Learning to enjoy the moment as new mum.
6. To get where you want to go to, sometimes you have to approach from a different direction.
Facing realities of being a writer.
7. Sometimes the simplest things give the greatest happiness.
The huge importance of nature and the natural environment to my well being.
Learning to be self-sufficient and strong as my broken heart healed.
9. You can change your life, but you always take yourself with you.
Oh, how many times have I moved! It’s been exciting, but I’ve still been me, even when I deliberately moved in an attempt to have a clean slate. Although at times a new environment and new challenges brought hidden parts of me to the fore. Quite content to stay put now though!
How about you? What have been some the themes of your life? Or what’s your current life theme?